Tri-Hist® Granules is an antihistamine and decongestant powder for horses.
For use in horses when a histamine antagonizing preparation is required.
Each ounce of powder contains:
|Pyrilamine Maleate USP||600 mg|
|Pseudoephedrine HCl||600 mg|
Tri-Hist Granules has a palatable cornmeal base.
Why use an antihistamine combined with a decongestant?
- Respiratory congestion can result from a number of causes, including cold and flu viruses, allergens, and non-infectious irritants. Regardless of the specific cause, an antihistamine can provide immediate relief and reduce the downtime due to illness.
- Histamines are the body's natural response to allergens and are responsible for the symptoms seen, including itchiness and runny nose. Antihistamines alone do not relieve these symptoms, but block further histamines from binding.
- Decongestants help by relieving the symptoms already present, opening the airway and helping the horse breathe.
Why choose Tri-Hist?
- Helps alleviate skin and respiratory allergies such as congestion, hives (urticaria), runny nose, and itching.
- Highly palatable cornmeal base.
- Easy to administer.
- Made in the USA.
Dosage and Administration
Dosage may vary depending on the severity of condition and weight of the animal. Please consult your veterinarian for proper dosing.
May be easily administered by mixing with feed, and provide horse with ample drinking water.
|Item No.||Description||Case Ct.|
|08874||Tri-Hist Granules 20 oz||℞||12|
Safety Data Sheets (SDS)